Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My research topics

My research work is in the data warehouse area. ETL is the most important part of the data warehouse. How to extract, transform and load data is very important to us.
Improving performance is needed . Data warehouse is optimized for fast access. Traditional databases are good for update, insert and delete. data is stored in a cluster of millions of machines. There many job coping data from databases to the data warehouse. Some jobs are depending on each other and some jobs are independent.
The jobs and its dependency form the dependency graph. It is a challenging problem to find the best schedule for the jobs to improve performance.


Gabcast! ResarchWork #1 - Research Data warehouse

My Research topic.
Explain what is my current research topic.
My research area is broad . I need to narrow the scope sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment